About Revealed Truth
The goal of this site is to help people understand the truth revealed in God’s Word, the Bible, so they may:
- Know God
- Believe in Jesus Christ as their savior from sin
- Grow spiritually
- Walk with God, doing His Will
- And Defend their faith
The primary topics I cover include Salvation, Spiritual Growth / Christian Living, Bible Study (including Doctrine and Theology), Creation Science vs. Evolution, Biblical Wisdom, Prayer, The Will of God, Money, and Spiritual principles illustrated in the physical world. As time permits, I plan to add videos and podcasts, but initially the content will be mostly written.
Questions and comments are welcome and encouraged. I would love to help you by answering your questions.
The Revealed Truth ministry has three goals:
- To glorify God by proclaiming the Truth revealed in His Word, the Bible
- To help people know God and trust in Jesus as their Savior
- To help Christians understand the Word of God, grow in faith, and walk with God
About the Name: Revealed Truth
You might wonder why I chose Revealed Truth as the name of my ministry. One consideration was that the URL, RevealedTruth.com, was available. More importantly, this name captures the core purpose of my ministry. My purpose and goal with this website is to help people understand God’s Word by explaining the truth God has revealed in the Bible.
There is a lot of conflicting information these days. As in the days of Jesus, even many religious (Christian) leaders are mixing error in with their message. One hopes that these people are sincerely teaching what they believe, but error hurts the body of Christ whether it is intentional or not. On the other hand, Paul said that even Satan (the father of lies) transforms himself into a minister of light. Some “Christian” leaders may actually be the tools of Satan intentionally using their position to undermine Christianity and the gospel. Either way, my goal is to shine the light of truth so people can know and understand God’s Word, the Bible.
Light reveals truth and dispels darkness
What is Truth?
Pilate asked Jesus this question during His trial after Jesus told him:
“For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:37 (ESV)
Perhaps you have the same question. Here are some verses that identify where truth is found:
Jesus replied, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 (NET)
Jesus prayed for His disciples, “Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth.” John 17:17 (KJV)
“The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.” Psalm 119:160 (NKJV)
“. . . the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.” 1John 5:6b (NET)
These verses indicate that God (including Jesus and the Holy Spirit) and God’s Word are truth. By the grace of God and with help from the Holy Spirit, my goal is to accurately and faithfully communicate the truth revealed in the Word of God.
In the spirit of full disclosure, you should know that this is a For Profit ministry. It has NOT been set up as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. This ministry currently has no sources of income, but if it ever does they will be subject to tax. Donations would be greatly appreciated. If you ever choose to make a donation, however, it will NOT be tax deductible.
The reasons for making this a For-Profit rather than a Non-Profit ministry are:
- Communication / Freedom of Speech and Religion – The government makes a lot of rules about what you can and cannot say and do in order to maintain your tax-exempt status. In my opinion, that comes at too high a price. I want the freedom to name names and speak the truth without fear of losing my 501(c)3 status.
- Complications / A For-Profit company is easier to set up than a non-profit. Right now this is a one-person, part-time ministry. I need to keep things simple.
- Competition – There are a lot of churches and great Christian ministries that depend on your tithes and offerings. I am not interested in competing with your local church or any other Christian ministry for your tithe and offering dollars.
- Compensation – The Bible teaches that the laborer is worthy of his hire (Luke 10:7; 1 Tim. 5:18), you reap what you sow (Gal. 6:7), and those who sow spiritual things should reap material benefits (1 Cor.9:11). Most of the information I provide is freely given. People pay for books, magazines, newspapers, educational materials, and tuition all of the time. People also pay for music, videos, TV, and internet service. No one should object if I occasionally charge a reasonable price for a book or some other form of helpful information. If advertising can provide the money needed to provide service for free, that might be even better.