Copyright and Permissions Policy
I seek to maintain a good balance between having my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting the intellectual property rights of myself and others. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
All content on this website is copyrighted, either by me or by someone else. So you cannot use it without permission except as set forth below. Most of the content on this website is owned by William D. Ogden (my legal name), and is copyrighted in my name. I am also known as Bill Ogden (my everyday name).
Since this site is dedicated to helping people understand the Word of God, the Bible is frequently quoted.
- The Copyright Notices and Permissions for the Bible versions that may be quoted are included below.
- For information on the use of Bible versions on the Revealed Truth website, please refer to our Bible Version Use Philosophy.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Share unaltered images / memes to Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites.
- Use unaltered images /memes (with attribution) in Bible presentations, Bible study materials, Sunday school lessons, etc. of a non-commercial nature.
- Use the ideas to help with sermon preparation, Bible studies, Sunday School lessons, etc. of a non-commercial nature. Any direct quotes must be attributed in accordance with the rest of the policy listed below.
- Extract and re-post up to 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Quote up to 50 words as long as you attribute the quote to me (Bill Ogden), and maintain the meaning of the original context.
- Quote longer sections in school papers and scholarly works as long as full and proper attribution is made in accordance with Turabian’s “A Manual for Writers” (or equivalent).
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your church, organization, or company.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., church newsletter, class syllabus, company newsletter, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2019, William D Ogden. All rights reserved. Originally published on www.RevealedTruth.com.”
Only With My Written Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use any images posted on this site without attribution and a link back to its page on this site.
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, modify, transform, or build upon this work.
I do not permit re-posting any of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I would risk being penalized by Google for granting permission.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write, but grant me non-exclusive permission to use the content they publish on my site. The permission guidelines listed below do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
Comments and Submissions
Any comments, ideas, images, or other submissions of any kind made on this site (or sent to me in any other way) becomes our joint property. You grant me the non-exclusive, irrevocable right to use your comments and other submissions in any way I choose without any form of compensation. I can quote them; create derivative works from them, repost them, tweet them, sell them, etc.
I would not want to inadvertently use the copyrighted property of anyone else. So please do not submit anything you do not own or have the right to share.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please email me.
Bible Version Copyright Notices and Permission Statements:
Most scripture quotations are taken from the KJV. Any unattributed scripture quotes are taken from the Holy Bible, King James Version (Public Domain in America).
Scripture quotations marked (ESV) are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations marked (HCSB) are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
Scripture quotations marked (ISV) are taken from the Holy Bible: International Standard Version®. Copyright © 1996-2012 by The ISV Foundation. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED INTERNATIONALLY. Used by permission.
Scripture quotations marked (KJV) are taken from the Holy Bible, King James Version (Public Domain in America)
Scripture quotations marked (NASB) are taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission (www.Lockman.org)
Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://www.bible.org All rights reserved. Scripture quoted by permission. This material is available in its entirety as a free download or online web use at http://netbible.org/
Scripture quotations designated (NKJV) are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™
Scripture quotations marked (NIrV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Reader’s Version®, NIrV® Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1998 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIrV” and “New International Reader’s Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™