Version 2.1; Effective date: September 10, 2018
RevealedTruth.com is a small personal blog located in the USA that intends to comply with GDPR as well as US federal and state laws. Bill Ogden and Revealed Truth respect your privacy and provide the following information about how we operate the RevealedTruth.com website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
“Service” is the https://www.RevealedTruth.com website operated by William D. Ogden (aka: Bill Ogden).
“Personal Data” is data about a living individual who can be identified from that data
“Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“Cookies” are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (Service Providers)
“Data Processor” (or Service Provider) means any person or organization who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller (i.e.: Revealed Truth).
Data Subject (User)
“Data Subject” is any living individual who becomes the subject of “Personal Data” by using our Service.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Subscription Forms: Revealed Truth collects the names and email addresses of those who submit that information to download information and/or subscribe to newsletters or email updates. You are under no obligation to sign up to receive communications from us and can unsubscribe at any time using a link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Email Inquiries: If you send an email communication to us, the return email address may be used to answer the email.
Voluntary Customer Surveys: We may occasionally conduct customer surveys. We encourage participation in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us improve the services we offer. We may take the information we receive from individuals responding to our surveys and combine it with information from others to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions. This aggregated; non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
Additionally, Revealed Truth may use collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Revealed Truth may process your Personal Data because:
- You have given us permission to do so
- You have requested information from us
- For payment processing purposes
- We need to perform a contract with you
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Revealed Truth will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to data servers located in the United States and process it here.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Revealed Truth may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Revealed Truth may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Revealed Truth
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Revealed Truth aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Revealed Truth relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”) to provide service on our behalf or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Revealed Truth does not use remarketing services to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our Service.
Revealed Truth does not currently sell paid products, so we do not gather any sales related information.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: 301-710-4064
- By mail: 1617 Fletchers Way, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA