As I read the prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah, I am often struck with sorrow and fear.
God chose Israel, miraculously delivered them from Egypt, and gave them the Promised Land. He also promised to bless them if they would just obey Him and walk in His ways (Jer. 7:23).
Despite God’s blessings, the children of Israel repeatedly walked in their own evil ways (Jer. 7:24). They often went through the motions of worshiping the God of Israel, while committing spiritual adultery. They bowed down to idols made of wood and stone. They worshiped the host of heaven; the sun, moon, and stars. They committed immorality, and then burned the unwanted fruit of their sin with fire as offerings to pagan idols.
I sorrow over the sin and apostasy of Israel that broke God’s heart.
God repeatedly sent prophets to warn the people, but they refused to repent. So He had to judge them. First, the northern kingdom of Israel was destroyed by Assyria. Then the southern kingdom of Judah was destroyed by Babylon.
I fear that America is walking the same evil paths that led to the destruction of Israel.
Immorality is not only openly practiced, it is promoted and applauded. Millions of unwanted babies resulting from this sin are aborted every year. The innocent blood of these murdered children demands God’s judgment.
America has turned away from God, the Bible and Christianity. Our nation has rejected the Creator and now worships the material universe. Our “science” bows to the gods of time and chance. Our schools have become temples indoctrinating children in the religions of materialism and evolution.
I fear that many “Christians” today are seeking a truce with the World
They want “The World” to love them; even though they are strangers and pilgrims, citizens of God’s kingdom. They are more concerned about the immediate praise or ridicule of worldly people than the ultimate judgment of God.
So they compromise. They accept The World’s faith in materialism and evolution, and add it to the Bible. They put on The World’s make up, dress in The World’s clothes, and allow themselves to be molded into The World’s image.
They try to be sheep while masquerading as goats. In reality, many are just goats pretending to be sheep. But Jesus knows who are His, and He will separate them when He comes in His glory (Matt. 25-34).
Jesus knows who are His
“Christians” may walk The World’s walk, and talk The World’s talk. But Satan and The World will still hate them. The World laughs with contempt when Christians compromise. And Satan uses their compromise as he seeks to stamp out any remaining true to The Faith.
The World laughs with contempt when Christians compromise
Those who are tempted to follow this slippery path need to remember that even though we are “IN” The World, we are not to be “OF” The World (John 17:11-18). So let those who think they stand take heed lest they fall (1 Cor. 10:12).
Remember the admonitions of Scripture:
• “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! For so did their fathers to the false prophets.” (Luke 6:26 / KJV)
• “Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt. 5:10 / KJV)
• “Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” (Matt. 5:11-12 / KJV)
• For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. (Rom. 1:16 / KJV)
• And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Rom. 12:2 / KJV)
• Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:15-16 / KJV)
• But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. (Rom. 13:14 / ESV)
• Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Cor. 10:31 / KJV)
It is time to decide. You must choose a side.
If you are a true Christian, then act like it. Take up your cross. Die to The World and yourself every day (Luke 9:23-24). And live for Christ, proudly bearing His reproach (Heb. 13:13).
If you love the things of this world and want the people of this world to love you, then give up the pretense of being a Christian. Renounce your faith, walk away from God, and go enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. But please stop defiling the name of Jesus by calling yourself a Christian.
If you do this, The World will embrace you. But beware; this decision will have eternal consequences. Those who have been enlightened and forsake The Faith may never return (Heb. 6:4-6; 1 John 2:19).
Now, therefore, fear the eternal God of the Bible and serve Him in sincerity and truth. Put away The World’s gods of materialism and evolution, and serve God the Father and His Son, Jesus the Christ. If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the self-existent Creator God, then choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods of time and chance, the god of the humanism, or materialism and evolution; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Joshua 24:14-15)
It is time to decide. With whom will you side?
“Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” (Josh. 24:14-15 / KJV)
If you liked this post, then you may like: