Let me show you a simple way to supercharge your prayer life by praying Bible prayers
Download Bible Prayer pdf Here
While studying the Bible, I noticed the prayers Paul told the Ephesians he was praying for them. I realized that if Paul was praying these things for the Ephesians, then this must be something God wants for us. So I could pray it for myself. I started praying these prayers for myself, by praying like this:
- I pray that You would grant me to be strengthened with might through Your Holy Spirit in the inner man, according to the riches of Your glory, that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; That I may be rooted and grounded in love, (Eph 3:16-17)
- That I may be able to comprehend the height, depth, length and width — of the love of Christ (Eph 3:18)
- That I may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:19)
- That I may walk worthily of Your calling. That I may speak the truth in love, and walk in love (Eph 4:1, 15; 5:2)
- That I may be renewed in the spirit of my mind (Eph 4:23)
- That I may put off my corrupt old man, and put on my new man that You created in true righteousness and holiness (Eph 4:22, 24)
- Give me the right words that I may boldly and confidently proclaim Your truth (Eph 6:19)
I then noticed more prayers in other books of the Bible, including the prayers of Jesus for us. So I kept adding scripture prayers to my prayer list.
Next, I thought about the many commands God gives us in His Word. If God wants us to do these things, then it would make sense for me to pray for God to make these things true in my life. So I started adding Bible commands as prayers, like these:
- Help me draw near to You with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith. Cleanse me from a guilty conscience. Help me to hold firmly to the hope I profess, knowing that You who promised are faithful. Use me to spur others on toward love and good deeds. (Heb 10:22-24)
- Help me to throw off everything that hinders me, especially the sin that so easily entangles me. Perfect my faith and give me the endurance to keep running the race You have given me by keeping my eyes on Jesus. (Heb 12:1-2)
- Help me to do good, share with others, and continually praise You. (Heb 13:15-16)
- Enable me to always be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks the reason for the hope that is in me. Help me to answer with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience. (1 Pet 3:15-16)
- Make me clear minded and self-controlled so that I can pray. And help me to love others deeply. (1 Pe 4:7-8)
- Guide me, direct me, prepare me, strengthen me, and make me steadfast. (1 Pet 5:10)
I then started noticing many great prayers of Thanksgiving and Praise in the Bible. So I began adding Bible praise to my prayer list, like these:
- You are the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords. You alone are immortal and live in unapproachable light. To You alone be honor and eternal might. (1Tim 6:15-16)
- Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed. (Rev 15:3)
- You are worthy to receive honor, glory and power, for You created all things; By Your will they were created and have their being. (Rev 4:11)
- To You, the eternal King, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. (1Ti 1:17)
- You, Oh LORD, are good; Your lovingkindness is everlasting And Your faithfulness continues to all generations. (Psa 100:5)
- I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever. For Your lovingkindness toward me is great, And You have delivered my soul from hell. You are good, and ready to forgive; abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. (Psa 86:12-13, 5)
- Thank you, Lord for all of Your benefits. You forgive all of my iniquities and heal all my diseases. You redeemed my life and crown me with lovingkindness and tender mercies. You are righteous and execute justice. You are gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. Thank you for Your great patience, and your everlasting love. (Psa 103:2-17)
Praying Scripture has made a huge impact on my spiritual life! So I feel led to share this method with everyone.
If you would like more Scripture prayers, here are 2 pages of prayers from my prayer list you can download. Download It Here
I challenge you to give praying this way a try. Just click on the link, download the file, and pray through it every day for a month.
If you already pray regularly, you can just add this to your prayer list. If not, this would be a great way to get started. As you pray through the list, read with understanding and mean what you pray.
Download Bible Prayer pdf Here
Please SHARE this with your FRIENDS.