I believe that God’s Word is the only source of absolute truth
Anything the Bible teaches is true. Anything that disagrees with the Bible is wrong.
The Bible clearly teaches that God created the world in six literal 24-hour days. It also plainly teaches that God destroyed the world with a global flood in the days of Noah. I therefore believe in “young earth creation” and teach accordingly.
As I was growing up, the public school system indoctrinated me into believing the universe was billions of years old and that life just happened by chance. I studies evolution all the way through college as a Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry major at Yale University. One year after graduating, I heard the gospel and trusted Jesus as my personal savior.
I quickly realized that what the Bible teaches about the origin of life and the universe, and what evolution teaches, are completely different and incompatible. I needed to reconcile my science background with my new faith in the Bible, so I started studying creation science. I read “The Genesis Flood” by John Whitcomb and Henry Morris. This book along with many others demonstrated that the global flood explains the geology of the earth much better than uniformitarianism.
The more I studied, the more I realized the truth of Romans 1:18-20:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (NASB)
The truth of creation and the flood can be clearly seen all around us
- The earth is covered with thousands of feet of sedimentary rocks, which testifies to the fact that it was once covered by water.
- There are fossils of sea shells on the tops of the tallest mountains, which demonstrates that the mountains were once under water.
- We live in a universe governed by the law of cause and effect. A cause greater than the universe is needed to explain its existence.
- The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy (the disorder) of the universe is always increasing. In other words, everything is running down and wearing out. The laws of nature cannot explain how all the mass, energy, order, and life in the universe got started.
And the list could keep on going.
The resources in this menu are Christian Ministries that helped me in my search for truth. I actively support them and highly recommend them.
The Institute for Creation Research (ICR):
ICR was founded by Dr. Henry Morris in 1970. ICR exists to research, educate, and communicate.
- ICR conducts scientific research within the realms of origins and earth history.
- ICR provides education through formal training programs, through conferences and seminars, and through books, magazines, and media presentations.
- ICR produces books, films, periodicals, and other media for communicating the evidence and information related to its research and education.
Click here to visit the ICR Resource Page on this site.
AIG was started by Ken Ham around 1993. Answers in Genesis is a Christian apologetics ministry. Their mission is to empower Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel. Their primary focus is on providing answers to questions regarding the book of Genesis.
Click here to visit the AIG Resource Page on this site.